Paid Search Marketing is, as the name suggests, when you pay to get search results So, this includes Google Ads, Bing Ads & other paid search ads.
Paid search marketing has many names like
- Search engine marketing (SEM),
- cost-per-click (CPC),
- cost-per-impression (CPM)
- search engine advertising
- pay-per-click (PPC),
- search engine optimisation (SEO),
Few years before SEM term used to encompass both search engine optimization and paid search activities. Over the time, the industry has accepted the SEM for Paid Search Only.
One of the Best paid search marketing campaigns are PPC campaigns, because your bid for ad placement in a search engine’s sponsored links for keywords related to your business, then you pay the search engine a small fee for each click. Paying for each click does not mean that you are going to end paying a lot but in well managed PPC campaign your potential customers will see your ads only when they are looking for certain services or products.
Why Use Paid Search?
What I think is paid search marketing i.e. Search Engine Marketing has lots of benefits to advertisers for any type of services or products. Lets see some statistical data of Google Specially, where we can understand that we should really go for Paid advertising or not.
- As per Google economic report businesses make $2 for every $1 they spend.
- 72% of AdWords marketers plan to increase their PPC budgets (Search Engine Watch)
- 70% of mobile searchers call a business directly from Google Search. (Expandedramblings)
- PPC Traffic converts 50% higher than organic traffic
- 66% of buyer-intent keywords are paid clicks
- PPC Ads Can Boost Brand Awareness 80%
- 53% of Paid Clicks are From a Mobile Device
Benefits of Using Paid Search Marketing –
- 1st Page exposure and top rankings
- Immediate Traffic
- Laser Targeted Audience
- Targeted Ads
- Geo Targeting
- Ad Scheduling